Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Learning

I know I've been going on and on about my new job, but I can't help myself. It's been too long since I've had a job that really made me feel good about myself. Out of 35 applicants, they chose me. I stood out because of my experience and my personality. And that right there? That makes me feel really good about myself.

Not only does this job make me feel good, but it makes me want to better myself. I want to gather up all the knowledge I can and move forward. I don't want to sit around and do nothing all day. When I think back to five days ago, I'm amazed. Instead of learning and living, I was sitting. Sitting still and wishing the hours of my life by. Watching the clock and willing it to move faster. For the last four years or so, I've been wishing my life away. But now? Now I barely look at the clock and when I do I'm amazed at how quickly the day has gone.

I allowed myself to sit still for too long. Well I'm done sitting! My desire for knowledge and growth and challenges sparked back up again. I'm eager to turn this job into a career. I know I can do it. I know the opportunity is there. Finally I have my momentum back and I'm never going to sit still again.

Every single day is a chance to learn something new. There was no one at CLO willing to teach me. They were content to allow me to sit and I accepted that far too easily. No more. Now I'm not letting myself settle. I don't care if it's hard or stressful, I'm going to keep pushing myself to be better. I want to learn. I want to be a part of a company that encourages me to grow.

But more than anything.. I've stopped wishing my life away. There's no need to.

1 comments:

Nichole said...

There were times in my life where I wished my life away as well. Not fun times, for certain. I'm glad you have found something in your life to give you happiness and, most of all, a boost in self-confidence. Keep it up, girly. Never stop learning.

Post a Comment