Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's not easy.

I've had people ask me how I can stay with someone for so long. I wish there was a big secret I could let everyone in on. I want my friends to find the same happiness I have with Greg. But there isn't a secret. It's really hard and we work constantly at being happy and staying together. People who say marriage is easy? They're full of crap. It's not easy, but it's so rewarding and worth it.

And I know one day, in ten or twenty years, we'll be able to look back at the start of our marriage and be thankful for everything we had to go through. Because I plan on seeing my 50th anniversary with this man and I know by then it will be easy.

In all honesty, I've been with him for so long that I can't imagine not being with him.

That isn't to say he doesn't annoy me. He does. All the time. Daily. Hourly sometimes. And I have have a few friends that have seen us together and know that we're not perfect. We bicker. We swear at each other.

I still love him though. We've been through so much together. People always say not to get married young. Sometimes I'd agree with them and somedays I wouldn't. I was only 22 when I was married and I started seriously dating Greg when I was 18. So young. But I don't think I'd be the well adjusted, happy go lucky person I am today (shut up, I so am) without having him as a part of my daily life for the last nine years.

HOWEVER.

If he continues to use three glasses a day and leave them scattered around me house I may be forced to divorce him. Because that is really annoying. Jerkface.

0 comments:

Post a Comment