Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekends

The week is never good for me. This week was especially bad. Long commutes and annoying work issues. Nothing good happened in the slightest. And all I was looking forward to was a weekend with Greg. I wanted to spend two whole days with him, recharging my batteries and allowing my husband to make me laugh.

Mission accomplished.

We didn't do anything adventurous. Breakfast out, shopping for home stuff and books and watching TV. We visited some family and drove around far too much. But it was perfect. It was exactly what I needed. Somehow, without ever asking, my husband simply knows what I need to make me feel better. And that (among other, more cuddly reasons) is why I married him. Plus he has great teeth. My teeth are only pretty thanks to four years of very painful metal shoved into my mouth. Good teeth were a must when selected the future father of my future children. (Yes, I thought about these things when I was 18. I'm a planner.)

I know I complain about him sometimes. I know that he annoys me every so often. But, for better or worse, he's a good guy and I'm damn lucky to have him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment