Thursday, February 11, 2010

True Love


Even though this is coming a day late, I feel it's very important to wish my parents a happy anniversary. See, everything I know about love and happiness comes from them. Their marriage has been the best example of what true love is and how to make a marriage last.

Nineteen years (and one day) ago, my mom married my dad. Some people know their dad from the day they are born. My dad came to me when I was seven years old. And even though my mom's wedding day should've been the happiness day in her life, it was also the happiest of mine. It was the day I finally got a dad.

My parents have taught me a lot about life. Never change your personality for someone else. Always, always fold the chip bag correctly or the world is likely to end. Clutter is only okay if you're the one in charge. Laughter is the key to eternal happiness. Nothing is better than pancakes on a Saturday morning. Your family doesn't consist of the people you're related to, just the people you love.

I could go on and on about how awesome my parents are. There aren't people in the world I admire and respect more than the pair of them. I wanted to pick out one memory that stands out above all the others, but I can't. I know that my parents have found real, lasting and forever love with each other. Maybe they took longer to find it than some people. Maybe they had to go through the bad experiences to truly appreciate what they have together. Maybe it's true that opposites truly do attract. All I know is that my parents are soul mates and because of them I have always believed in true love.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. I love you both very, very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment