Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Faults

We all have faults. One of my biggest faults is being a snob. I judge people. I know I'm not supposed to and I know it's wrong, but I do it all the time. I look down on neighbors, co-workers and strangers on the train. I mock people in my head all the time.

But it's not something I want to continue to do. I don't actually want to be a bitter, cynical and judgmental bitch. I'm not saying I want to be sweet, loving and happy as a new puppy either. Let's try for a happy medium between sunshine and evil, okay?

So why am I writing about this? If I don't like this part of me, why am I sitting here and explaining it all to you. I know that people might look at this blog and judge me in return for being a snob. Especially considering I haven't accomplished much with my life. I haven't done all of the things I expect out of other people. So what gives me the right to think I'm better than anyone?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

But that's exactly why I'm writing this. I need to remind myself that I don't have the right to look down my nose at anyone. I don't have the right to judge anyone. I don't have the right to believe myself to be better than the person sitting across the aisle from me.

We all have faults. Maybe admitting them to the world will give me a reason to really work at fixing mine.

1 comments:

Happy Fat Girl said...

You have NO IDEA how much sense this makes to me.

Post a Comment